Have an abundance
of zucchini in your garden? Try these recipes for a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy one of our favorite summer veggies!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks. Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk. Combine Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups cubed zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro and remaining ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Pasta
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the zucchini noodles and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until zucchini noodles are coated in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.