This area will be expanded over time with wisdom and insight from our members and gardeners around the world! If you have a particular area of interest you’d like to write on, or outside resources to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Starting your garden
- Find your hardiness zone (and check out the plant calendar tool)
- Take some time to learn more about what you’re planting and their needs
- Prepare your soil and remember that compost and organic matter are your friends!
- If you don’t have the space or time to start seedlings indoors, remember that the garden has a sale every May 🙂
- Take an experimental mindset and don’t be too hard on yourself if things don’t work out as planned, especially if you’re new to gardening!
Minimizing food waste
- Remember to focus on growing what you know you like to eat and expand and experiment based on what works for you!
- Roast anything and everything to make it tasty
- No, you don’t have to eat all those tomatoes at once! Find out what you can preserve and how
- Reach out to friends or other gardeners to find harvest buddies who might be growing different things that you can swap with!
- Share with friends, neighbors, or using the free shelf at the garden!